The fourth amendment of the U.S constitution protects citizens against unreasonable searches and seizure. The famous Roy Olmstead case of 1928 used this amendment in its defense when Olmstead was charged with a crime using evidence collected from phone tapping. Although the Supreme Court denied the defense, it gave way to a heated privacy debate that continues today.
Rounds is a favorite Facebook video chat app. After about an estimated $5.5 million in funding from Verizon Investments, Rhodium, DFJ’s Tim Draper, and other investors, web users will soon be able to use Rounds without having to log into their Facebook accounts!
If you’re unfamiliar with Rounds, it has become popular for its interactive video chat functionality, which for example, allows you and a friend to watch YouTube together or play each other’s favorite games.
Last week I wrote about Charice, one of the Top Women on YouTube, who found stardom by becoming a YouTube singing sensation turned mainstream artist. The feedback was overwhelming and it inspired me to write about other women who have found fame via YouTube.
Imagine having 500 million views on your YouTube channel? Today, Jenna Marbles (@Jenna_Marbles) has hit 527 million plus views, signing up more than three million subscribers. That makes her the most popular woman on YouTube. Jenna, who talks about anything from makeup advice to what clothes to bring on a short vacation, is a 25 year old star. Jenna Marbles (Mourney) started her channel as a simple “what to/how to” channel for women with her first upload in February 2010.
Reality check –imagine you’re having a Social media PR crisis… now what?
It’s Monday morning; you go to check your email. Email one; it’s your Webmaster (who also serves as your Media Director). You find out that over the weekend he’s suddenly become afflicted with amnesia! Not to worry, it is obviously not severe; he still remembers how to email. Hmm. Weird!
- Facebook tops Google in weekly traffic.
- 1 in 5 couples meet online.
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the worlds 3rd largest.
- Twitter, Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn are not welcome in china.
- Today kindergarteners learn on iPads NOT chalkboards.
- Many universities have stopped giving out email accounts since everyone uses social media.
- eReaders have surpassed book sales.
- Social gamers will buy $6Bn of e-goods this year; movie theaters will sell only $2.5Bn of physical goods.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
- If Wikipedia were made into a book, it would be 2.25 million pages long and it would take 123 years to read.
Welcome to the social media revolution.
It’s easier these days to become whatever you desire to be. Technology has become a medium to becoming a millionaire, a global sensation or an instant bestselling author. Though many believe women lag behind men when it comes to getting promoted, on the Internet it isn’t quite so.
There are many stars today catching their break via social networking (ex: Tila Tequila, who found fame through MySpace). Many regular folk use YouTube, for example, to display their talent, only to be later discovered by the Oprah or Ellen show –becoming celebrities overnight.
Marketing is VIRAL, with increasing focus on the Internet, including YouTube, a secret weapon for branding, promotion, customer relations, personalization and establishing a more customized touch with clients. If you’re looking to grow your online business, there are some free tools that are so user-friendly and easily available; you’d be a shmuck to ignore them. YouTube is a standout for many businesses, because of its obvious winning characteristics:
Thanks to TV/media, and amongst other things, a new app from NBC, over 2.5 billion people – more than one third of the world’s population – are expected to watch Prince William marry Kate Middleton on Friday. To give you some perspective, approximately 750 million viewers watched when Prince Charles married Lady Diana Spencer some 30 years earier. At the time, it was the most-watched live event in television history.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Do you blog? Here are Seven Tools for Writing Blog Posts http://t.co/YN1ciC5rNq #blog #post #wordpress #blogging #tips #tricks #success,
- Philippe Starck Updates The Sofa For Tech-Savvy Couch Potatoes http://t.co/fwN4IS4MS9 <--- briliant! #starck #philippestarck #tech #gadgets,
- Love it or hate it? An App That Allows You to Report Illegally Parked Cars for $$$ http://t.co/lXI7KIDeMr #earncash #money #breakingthelaw,
- Social Media Strategy: No, You Don’t Need the Kitchen Sink http://t.co/TeLQu11c8W via @getswayy <--- it's all about strategy! #social #SoMe,
- Book-Sharing: Discover & Swap Books with Slice Bookshelf http://t.co/YLbtJTEWei via @SheBytesBlog cc: @slicebookshelf #books #ebooks #slice,
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
Information here is absolutely critical,I personal (more...)
Amazing! Good luck and be safe! (more...)
|Guadalupe Torres Wells
I purchased my Kawasaki Ninja 250 at the age of 38 (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.