Silicon Valley tech girls are getting major recognition and I’m not referring to only the media. Fashion designers have also taken notice, inviting many tech heavyweights to VIP fashion events, including front row seating at Fashion Week.
SheBytes founder Renee Schmidt on Fox News LIVE discussing the Facebook debacle and IPO troubles, mobile advertising challenges, Microsoft So.cl, Windows 8, and what a Silicon Valley VC lawsuit may mean for women in technology (read more here).
May 24th, 2012 – 2:00PM Segment
It seems that everywhere I look, there is a widening disparity between male and female entrepreneurs, most notably in the tech sector.
Whether this difference comes down to what toys we grow up playing with, or just the ways in which men and women approach technology, I am always struck when I see something which exhibits that in fact the gender gap is closing.
Girls and careers in technology is a hot topic here on SheBytes. We’ve written about whether the amount of technology firms headed by female CEO’s and executives is improving, and have drawn attention to women led startups who are trying to tip the scales.
If you’ve never heard of Marissa Mayer, one of Google’s senior executives (one of few women exectutives in tech), allow me to fill you in:
- According to Wikipedia, Mayer was born in 1975
- She graduated from Stanford University
- She joined Google in 1999, when the company had under 20 employees (talk about the right place at the right time!)
- Mayer became the first female engineer hired by Google
- Over 10 years later, Marissa is a Google Executive with her official title being; Vice President of Location and Local Services, and is frequently the warm, public face of the tech Goliath
To me personally, this short synopsis is extremely inspiring.
SheBytes gets a major facelift via a site redesign by the Small Business Authority (SBA)!
A Blog is an Organism
While this may strike you as an unlikely idea, it’s true: a blog is indeed an organism. And like all blogs, SheBytes is alive. SheBytes was born in early 2011 to happy parent; Renee Schmidt (that’s me!) Since that fateful day, SheBytes has been a constant concern. I make sure SheBytes gets all the attention “she” deserves (yeah, that’s right; I decided to give my blog a gender). And, I provide for her by feeding SheBytes with all the nourishing content she needs to remain viable. Now let’s fast forward a bit:
Today is the first day SheBytes is up with a brand spanking new, face-lift-redesign, courtesy of our dedicated and dear friends at the Small Business Authority (The SBA).
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- RT @JamieNikosey: Great Personal #Safety #Mobileapp for Women: Guard My Angel http://t.co/8GmxEQKR3c @SheBytesBlog #
- Mix drinks like Brian Flanagan using 'The Barman' App and Platform; http://t.co/UwRyamnNAo #
- Pour Perfect Drinks with the Barman via @SheBytesBlog http://t.co/A6cyr0t1T9 #
- #Sommeliers unite! http://t.co/Vi1gSfSEQw @SwirlitApp #
- No #Apple watch until late 2014, analyst says http://t.co/vJOrnX92wf via @CNET #technews #smartwatch #
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
Information here is absolutely critical,I personal (more...)
Amazing! Good luck and be safe! (more...)
|Guadalupe Torres Wells
I purchased my Kawasaki Ninja 250 at the age of 38 (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.