Girls and careers in technology is a hot topic here on SheBytes. We’ve written about whether the amount of technology firms headed by female CEO’s and executives is improving, and have drawn attention to women led startups who are trying to tip the scales.
If you’ve never heard of Marissa Mayer, one of Google’s senior executives (one of few women exectutives in tech), allow me to fill you in:
- According to Wikipedia, Mayer was born in 1975
- She graduated from Stanford University
- She joined Google in 1999, when the company had under 20 employees (talk about the right place at the right time!)
- Mayer became the first female engineer hired by Google
- Over 10 years later, Marissa is a Google Executive with her official title being; Vice President of Location and Local Services, and is frequently the warm, public face of the tech Goliath
To me personally, this short synopsis is extremely inspiring.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- YouTube Users Fight Back Against New Comment System http://t.co/ktCWpZFflC cc @SocialTimes @KymleeIsAwesome #youtube #google,
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
- Top 5 Social Media Fails of 2013 http://t.co/4qoem1juOs cc: @ab80 @sejournal #socialmedia #infographic #SM #some #lessons #2013fails,
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.