Girls and careers in technology is a hot topic here on SheBytes. We’ve written about whether the amount of technology firms headed by female CEO’s and executives is improving, and have drawn attention to women led startups who are trying to tip the scales.
If you’ve never heard of Marissa Mayer, one of Google’s senior executives (one of few women exectutives in tech), allow me to fill you in:
- According to Wikipedia, Mayer was born in 1975
- She graduated from Stanford University
- She joined Google in 1999, when the company had under 20 employees (talk about the right place at the right time!)
- Mayer became the first female engineer hired by Google
- Over 10 years later, Marissa is a Google Executive with her official title being; Vice President of Location and Local Services, and is frequently the warm, public face of the tech Goliath
To me personally, this short synopsis is extremely inspiring.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Swayy is a brand new platform you can use to save a little time in finding awesome content! @getswayy http://t.co/UMHXxQ3LLk #
- #Tech encompasses your life, body and soul; http://t.co/MbPzm9AlMN #
- Use your calories to donate to @acfusa and help end hunger; http://t.co/K4CgjjpyZf #
- RT @AppyCouple: Thx for the GREAT write up!! @SheBytesBlog Share Your Wedding Plans with Appy Couple: http://t.co/91Lj3UmvgK #
- Easy Content Sharing on Social Media with Swayy http://t.co/2uCJ0I89r6 via @SheBytesBlog #
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
Information here is absolutely critical,I personal (more...)
Amazing! Good luck and be safe! (more...)
|Guadalupe Torres Wells
I purchased my Kawasaki Ninja 250 at the age of 38 (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.