With the growing popularity of tablets, one wonders if the familiar site of someone unfolding a laptop and perfectly positioning it upon a Starbucks table will soon be a thing of the past. Tablets are increasingly outselling laptops and the proof is apparent everywhere.
Microsoft is enjoying the moment. As tablet wars heat up, all attention is on Surface, the latest Windows tablet recently debuted. Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer admits that the computing titan has been mum about it until the release of the product. He said he knew the tablet would have to be obviously superior to competing products, adding “we wanted to give Windows 8 its own hardware.”
We’ve got all the highlights:
- There’s the Passbook, a new app to help you organize and control coupons, boarding passes and credit cards.
U.S. Seeks to Block AT&T Merger with T-Mobile
September 1, 2011 – 12:25PM Segment
I recently posted about the U.S. government’s meddling in the merger between AT&T and T-Mobile by having filed an antitrust lawsuit to prevent the deal from going through.
It’s clear that wireless will be the communication and computing technology of the future, as sales of smartphones and tablets/iPads surge. Competition among mobile carriers, then, is clearly important to both consumers and the economy.
Wondering how the app evolved? There’s a process to the app evolution! Mobile technology has forever revolutionized the way we compute, predominantly via apps. Above is a nice infographic illustrating the history and evolution of mobile apps. For instance, the iPhone App Store has generated over 4 billion downloads, totaling over $3 billion in revenue –WOW!
Now your restaurant menu can be digital with Aptito!
Aptito is brilliant! Now before I get barraged with all of the standard questions that I’m sure are brought on by this concise statement such as: What is Aptito? Why are they brilliant? Does Aptito have any affiliation with “Tito”; (the rotund Hawaiian surfer from the hit Nickelodeon cartoon series “Rocket Power”), who has a particular fondness for food? Please allow me to qualify those first three words, and answer each of those questions.
The iPhone 4 / iPad 2 have enhanced camera functionality (FYI: the predecessor models had only one camera, while the new devices now actually have two: forward facing and rear facing). The new cameras also have functionalities the old one did not, like:
Open the Camera app; there’s a flash icon at the top left of the screen (looks like a lightning bolt).
Sometimes our iPad 2 or iPhone 4 has 10 or more apps suspended but still running, draining battery life. To close the apps, double click on the home button until the Shortcut Menu appears. Now tap and hold on any shortcut icon until they begin to wiggle. You’ll notice a red bar appear at the top left of each app that’s running. Click on that bar to close the app. It will shut it down and unpin it from the Shortcut Menu.
Mother’s Day is fast approaching (Sunday, May 8th)! What is the best gadget for mom? Well, if you’re thinking of gifting mom a gadget, now’s the time to place your order online! Wondering what to get? I’ve got you covered! Here’s a list of my 5 picks for the hottest gadgets for mom this Mother’s Day.
- Apple iPad 2: it’s simple to use and requires no prior knowledge of computers –great for less tech savvy moms. If mom likes to read, she can download her favorite books and use it as an eReader. You can get the iPad engraved with a special, personalized Mother’s Day message from Apple’s website. (starting at $499) - I OWN ONE AND LOVE IT!
- Amazon Kindle: If you think mom would enjoy an eReader but you’re not spending $500 on a Mother’s Day gift, you can opt for a Kindle from Amazon. It has a paper-like Pearl electronic-ink display (great even under bright sunlight), a one month battery life, and its ultra-light weight, at only 8.5 ounces. (starting at $114)
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
- What Every Real Estate Agent Needs to Know About Pinterest http://t.co/A6aLKLuiM6 cc: @mike_allton @SocialMediaHats #realestate #pinterest,
- The Teen Exodus from Facebook is NOT a Permanent Departure http://t.co/xteSfRfHjc cc: @soshable #facebook #teens #exodus,
- Pinterest is a Bigger Influencer Than You Think http://t.co/7i8faYxzZh cc: @B2Community #pinterest #facebook #internet,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.