“Tweet, tweet.” The cliché is true –birds of a feather flock together. The same is true of a Twitter following. Which means, if you want to attract a certain audience, you have to be mindful of what that audience will find interest in. Below is a list of 10 Twitter profile tips to remember when creating your Twitter profile and posts, for maximum Twitter prowess
Path is an application that is based upon the concept of “sharing your life journey” with your family and your closest friends. Path was launched in 2010 in San Francisco, CA by a former Facebooker. Since its debut, some 3 million people have downloaded the application.
Path is an intimate social networking tool based on smart journal that allows users to tell their story, share pictures and choose the 150 people whom they wish to share those with.
Is social media as reliable as the mainstream media for news? It’s hard to say if news on social media can be trusted, but it is surely an effective complement to mainstream media.
It was a software consultant who first tweeted about the events leading up to Osama Bin Ladin’s capture and death. Sohaib Athar (@ReallyVirtual) tweeted that “extraordinary choppers” were in his area of Pakistan. He didn’t know at the time that it was a U.S. operation to capture Bin Ladin. Because of his tweets, several mainstream media outlets followed up on the story and found that Osama had been captured and was dead. Before long, the entire internet was abuzz with the Osama news gone viral.
Similarly, is the story of Neda Soltan, an Iranian woman shot in broad daylight during one of the Iranian protests. A video of the travesty surfaced on the Internet, later spreading like wildfire via social media.
SheBytes founder Renee Schmidt on Fox News LIVE discussing Facebook, the uncontested king of social –right? A slew of smaller social networks are now nibbling at its heels — and the one worrying Facebook execs the most is Path. Discussion on the app for Couples: Pair, Crowdfunding and other tech headlines this week (read more here).
June 21st, 2012 – 12:30PM Segment
Pair is a FREE one-to-one networking app premised on exclusivity; it’s made solely for private communication between two people. Pair is designed for couples, and unlike other instant messengers, this app encourages you to keep consistently in touch with your partner.
The phrase “out of sight, out of mind” is a thing of the past. Pair is all bout exchanging and viewing intimate messages on a timeline, sharing photos, handwritten messages, or sketches. It even shares your location with your partner.
- Facebook tops Google in weekly traffic.
- 1 in 5 couples meet online.
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook.
- If Facebook were a country, it would be the worlds 3rd largest.
- Twitter, Facebook, Google, and LinkedIn are not welcome in china.
- Today kindergarteners learn on iPads NOT chalkboards.
- Many universities have stopped giving out email accounts since everyone uses social media.
- eReaders have surpassed book sales.
- Social gamers will buy $6Bn of e-goods this year; movie theaters will sell only $2.5Bn of physical goods.
- YouTube is the 2nd largest search engine in the world.
- If Wikipedia were made into a book, it would be 2.25 million pages long and it would take 123 years to read.
Welcome to the social media revolution.
Is there a technology of love? What is love?
Simply put, I feel love is the way we share and receive with the people we care most deeply about. Interestingly, technology too deals with the way we share and receive (information specifically) amongst people. So has technology changed our expression of love? Is there a technology of love? Absolutely!
Are social media and an online marketing strategy a good investment of time and money?
It should come as no surprise that the proliferation of social media has turned social networking into an important business tool. And with each year that passes, more and more social networking sites have cropped up, each with unique opportunities to market a business or product. The problem is: you only need to master them. No big deal, right? (I’m kidding).
Is it possible these days to grow an online business without an online marketing strategy –including all the liking, blogging, sharing and tweeting? After all, it’s time consuming!
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
- What Every Real Estate Agent Needs to Know About Pinterest http://t.co/A6aLKLuiM6 cc: @mike_allton @SocialMediaHats #realestate #pinterest,
- The Teen Exodus from Facebook is NOT a Permanent Departure http://t.co/xteSfRfHjc cc: @soshable #facebook #teens #exodus,
- Pinterest is a Bigger Influencer Than You Think http://t.co/7i8faYxzZh cc: @B2Community #pinterest #facebook #internet,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.