You’ve been told that it is rude to have your cell phone at the dining table, whether you are dining with your family, or having a dinner date with your partner. The problem is, the society we live in is so super connected, that many of us have a hard time disconnecting for even an hour, let alone imagining a life sans our “connection.”
Path is an application that is based upon the concept of “sharing your life journey” with your family and your closest friends. Path was launched in 2010 in San Francisco, CA by a former Facebooker. Since its debut, some 3 million people have downloaded the application.
Path is an intimate social networking tool based on smart journal that allows users to tell their story, share pictures and choose the 150 people whom they wish to share those with.
SheBytes founder Renee Schmidt on Fox News LIVE discussing Facebook, the uncontested king of social –right? A slew of smaller social networks are now nibbling at its heels — and the one worrying Facebook execs the most is Path. Discussion on the app for Couples: Pair, Crowdfunding and other tech headlines this week (read more here).
June 21st, 2012 – 12:30PM Segment
Nokia’s implosion results in 10,000 layoffs. BlackBerry is also teetering; is RIM following suit? Path, a new social networking platform, gains traction –Facebook may have a problem. And is GigaOM up for sale?
Read on to see the stories making headline news on the tech scene this week!
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
- What Every Real Estate Agent Needs to Know About Pinterest http://t.co/A6aLKLuiM6 cc: @mike_allton @SocialMediaHats #realestate #pinterest,
- The Teen Exodus from Facebook is NOT a Permanent Departure http://t.co/xteSfRfHjc cc: @soshable #facebook #teens #exodus,
- Pinterest is a Bigger Influencer Than You Think http://t.co/7i8faYxzZh cc: @B2Community #pinterest #facebook #internet,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.