Facebook and other social networks are finding it hard to fight off increased mobile usage and some pundits are even suggesting that social networks are dying. Based on stats, however, social media platforms do not seem to be going anywhere. For instance, we have reports on the increase in the number of social media users and even tweets on Twitter; we also have reports that clearly indicate an ever-increasing population on Facebook. We know for sure that 15% of adults on the internet use Twitter, and the number is even higher for Facebook. So how could social networks possibly die?
SheBytes founder Renee Schmidt on Fox News LIVE discussing the Facebook debacle and IPO troubles, mobile advertising challenges, Microsoft So.cl, Windows 8, and what a Silicon Valley VC lawsuit may mean for women in technology (read more here).
May 24th, 2012 – 2:00PM Segment
It’s official: this morning, shortly after 9:30AM EST, when the NYSE opens, a few people on this planet will enter into a new tax bracket (at 11:30AM to be percise).
Facebook (NASDAQ: FB) yesterday evening announced pricing of $38 per share for its initial public offering of 421MM shares of common stock, to take place today. Facebook will offer shares (all 180 million + of them) for trading under the NASDAQ symbol “FB.” In addition, selling stockholders (who are about to get mega paid) are offering 240MM shares of Class A common stock.
Recently, AT&T announced their plans to hike up the prices from its current data plan offerings.
According to a Wired piece, the telecommunications giant
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Facebook Admits: Expect Organic Reach for Pages to Continue Declining http://t.co/2Ky8NxykwU << you will see what they want #facebook,
- YouTube Users Fight Back Against New Comment System http://t.co/ktCWpZFflC cc @SocialTimes @KymleeIsAwesome #youtube #google,
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
- Top 5 Social Media Fails of 2013 http://t.co/4qoem1juOs cc: @ab80 @sejournal #socialmedia #infographic #SM #some #lessons #2013fails,
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.