Today Geek is Chic. In fact Mark Zukerberg‘s wedding got the Paparazzi as excited as Lady Gaga’s latest world tour. In our day and age it seems as though there’s been a paradigm shift. Techies now draw the same attention as Hollywood celebs. Ironically, unlike many “reality stars,” techies are famous for actually doing (or creating) something.
TechCrunch founder Michael Arrington (@Arrington) is under fire for comments he made about women and minorities in the technology industry. According to Arrington, there aren’t many minority or female entrepreneurs in tech. SheBytes founder Renee Schmidt says Arrington’s opinions weren’t very PC, but he’s right (read more here).
November 9th, 2011- 11:05AM Segment
But, to me the real question is:
Is Arrington right? I weigh in.
Michael Arrington of TechCrunch is “CRUNCHED” by Arianna Huffington and AOL.
Let’s face it; the last time you logged onto your AOL account was sometime around 1998… and anytime you hear the acronym AOL (short for America Online), the first thought that pops into your head is that classic mailbox alert; “You’ve Got Mail!” that used to make you feel like you had a life. So why all of the AOL news all of a sudden?!
I was on FOX News Live earlier today with Kimberly Guilfoyle explaining the TechCrunch-AOL, baby momma drama. Check out the clip:
Tech Crunch’s Mike Arrington gets Crunched by AOL and Arianna Huffington
September 8th, 2011- 12:30PM Segment
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
- Top 5 Social Media Fails of 2013 http://t.co/4qoem1juOs cc: @ab80 @sejournal #socialmedia #infographic #SM #some #lessons #2013fails,
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
- What Every Real Estate Agent Needs to Know About Pinterest http://t.co/A6aLKLuiM6 cc: @mike_allton @SocialMediaHats #realestate #pinterest,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.