The Real Housewives of Silicon Valley?
A panel of young female entrepreneurs weighs in on women in technology; the challenges of being a female entrepreneur in the male-dominated tech industry.
Scott Gerber (@askgerber), founder of the Young Entrepreneur Council and author of ‘Never Get a Real Job,’ assembled a panel of young female entrepreneurs to weigh in on the challenges of being a female entrepreneur in the male-dominated tech industry. The panel came up with 7 seriously awesome tips that reflect my line of thinking on the matter.
This “Link Round Up” is going to be different!
Sure, we’ll kick it off with a picture of an adorable animal, like we always do, but this time SheBytes pays tribute to a wide array of blogs that we read, draw inspiration from and consistently turn to in hours of procrastination.
They’ve made us smile, cry, think and wonder, and have inspired us to change our lives…
Fashion and Technology MIX!
Mashable published a great article about Rent the Runway; I got excited when I read it and so I decided I ought to paraphrase it for a couple of reasons:
I love inspiring women; and Rent the Runway was started by two female entrepreneurs
It’s a company that melds fashion and technology
Rent the Runway makes haute luxury fashion affordable
It’s about women in high-tech; an uber minority
- Looking for the perfect, end of summer (stop, I know! ) vacation? [TheLuxurySpot]
- 6 ways Google’s Motorola snag is going to affect you… [SmallBizTechnology]
- While Nirvana defined the 90’s, see if Cobain’s daughter is now “In Bloom” [LiveFastMag]
- Learn how a former NASA and FBI employee stole his laptop back using Facebook [Mashable]
- Social media of the womb: “What Facebook Expects When You’re Expecting” [TheLuxurySpot]
- SheBytes not filling your Google + craze? Check Out: [DiscoverDigitalGroup]
- Honestly, at first I thought Cowboys & Aliens was a spoof…Top Twitter Trends: [Mashable]
- Shark Week and this playlist, were born for eachother! [LiveFastMag]
- Hacking to clear the path, towards a tech filled tomorrow! [Forbes]
- What’s more adorable than a bunny and a cat? A picture of both together! [TheLuxurySpot]
- Liked SheBytes take on Google +? They’re experiencing rapid growth [Mashable]
- Like Zodiac? See Andreas Preis’ sketches; LOVE his Scorpio (my sign), and Leo! [LiveFastMag]
- Twitter, my Social Media of choice, is “cleaning house”… [TechCrunch]
- Will the future bring “Death of the MP3 Player?” [MWD]
I’m rather obsessed with Social Media (an understatement at best). Apparently, so is Snoop Dogg! Social Media is a broad term that means much more than “the use of web-based…technologies to turn communication into interactive dialogue.”
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
- What Every Real Estate Agent Needs to Know About Pinterest http://t.co/A6aLKLuiM6 cc: @mike_allton @SocialMediaHats #realestate #pinterest,
- The Teen Exodus from Facebook is NOT a Permanent Departure http://t.co/xteSfRfHjc cc: @soshable #facebook #teens #exodus,
- Pinterest is a Bigger Influencer Than You Think http://t.co/7i8faYxzZh cc: @B2Community #pinterest #facebook #internet,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.