Forbes has published its list of 100 Most Powerful Women for 2012, with Angela Merkel on top, recognizing the achievements and contributions of women from all around the world. The list, edited by editor Mary Ellen Egan, is based on economic impact and visibility of leading women around the globe and all walks of life.
Silicon Valley tech girls are getting major recognition and I’m not referring to only the media. Fashion designers have also taken notice, inviting many tech heavyweights to VIP fashion events, including front row seating at Fashion Week.
If you’ve never heard of Marissa Mayer, one of Google’s senior executives (one of few women exectutives in tech), allow me to fill you in:
- According to Wikipedia, Mayer was born in 1975
- She graduated from Stanford University
- She joined Google in 1999, when the company had under 20 employees (talk about the right place at the right time!)
- Mayer became the first female engineer hired by Google
- Over 10 years later, Marissa is a Google Executive with her official title being; Vice President of Location and Local Services, and is frequently the warm, public face of the tech Goliath
To me personally, this short synopsis is extremely inspiring.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Facebook is Being Careful to Avoid Advertising Overload http://t.co/0IFGO1lPRv <<-- not careful enough! cc: @KymleeIsAwesome #facebook,
- Google’s Profit by Design [Infographic] http://t.co/LC3nCATJQ7 cc: @DashBurst #google #search #searchengines #infographic,
- Facebook Admits: Expect Organic Reach for Pages to Continue Declining http://t.co/2Ky8NxykwU << you will see what they want #facebook,
- YouTube Users Fight Back Against New Comment System http://t.co/ktCWpZFflC cc @SocialTimes @KymleeIsAwesome #youtube #google,
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.