The most important thing to carriers besides subscribers is mobile spectrum; but by next year, according to CNN Money, the FCC could experience what is known as a “Spectrum Crunch” where there will be no more airwaves to pass around. This comes at a time where mobile carriers need spectrum the most as data hogging smartphones, such as the Apple iPhone, use up all their spectrum. If carriers don’t get enough spectrum soon, the result will be dropped calls and slow data speeds. So what are the big 4 mobile carriers going to do about this? They’re going to do the best they can to get a much spectrum as possible, but it won’t be pretty. In fact, its going to be gruesome and here’s why.
U.S. Seeks to Block AT&T Merger with T-Mobile
September 1, 2011 – 12:25PM Segment
I recently posted about the U.S. government’s meddling in the merger between AT&T and T-Mobile by having filed an antitrust lawsuit to prevent the deal from going through.
It’s clear that wireless will be the communication and computing technology of the future, as sales of smartphones and tablets/iPads surge. Competition among mobile carriers, then, is clearly important to both consumers and the economy.
The U.S. Department of Justice filed an antitrust lawsuit today to block AT&T’s $39 billion merger with T-Mobile. The merger, which would create the largest wireless company in the U.S., would have been a deal between the nation’s second- and fourth-largest wireless phone carriers. The Department of Justice filed the suit on antitrust grounds, stating that the merger would substantially lessen competition, result in higher prices and give consumers lower quality and less innovative products. Along with Verizon, the two merged companies would account for 78% of the industry’s revenue and over two-thirds of wireless customers in the U.S.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- YouTube Users Fight Back Against New Comment System http://t.co/ktCWpZFflC cc @SocialTimes @KymleeIsAwesome #youtube #google,
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
- Top 5 Social Media Fails of 2013 http://t.co/4qoem1juOs cc: @ab80 @sejournal #socialmedia #infographic #SM #some #lessons #2013fails,
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
- The 30 Minute Social Media Management Schedule http://t.co/LaircqO1vC cc: @soshable #socialmedia #social,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.