There are many benefits to Cloud Computing! What are they? Our 6-part series of Bytes have covered them all: SaaS, PaaS, and IaaS. To recap the series, SaaS (Software as a Service) delivers a complete application as a service, PaaS (Platform as a Service) delivers a platform on which to develop an application, and IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) is application independent and delivers a computing infrastructure as a fully-outsourced service.
Wondering what is Infrastructure as a Service? IaaS is the delivery of a full-featured, enterprise-grade, IT infrastructure (telephony, email, files and backup, mobile messaging, and remote access) as a fully-outsourced service, that is managed 24 x 365, by a highly-skilled team of professionals.
A ‘what is’ guide to PaaS: Platform as a Service is a development platform for application developers. PaaS providers, like Google Aps Engine, allow the developer to write their own code and the PaaS provider uploads that code and presents it on the web.
What is SaaS? Software as a Service is a form of computing where you rent software from a service provider, rather than purchasing it yourself. Google Docs, QuickBooks, Salesforce and other CRM applications are all instances of SaaS.
Wondering how a Virtual Desktop (ie: Desktops in the Cloud) works? If you want to know how to access one, we have the details in video!
Virtual Desktops (aka cloud desktops) are the way of the future, and I felt that the best way to gain a true sense of appreciation for the “groundbreaking-ness” of a Cloud Desktop as a radical innovation is to see it in action. So Renee and I created a clear and concise video demonstration / tutorial of how to use an iPad and iPhone 4 (as a tether) to carry your desktop with you everywhere you go.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Facebook is Being Careful to Avoid Advertising Overload http://t.co/0IFGO1lPRv <<-- not careful enough! cc: @KymleeIsAwesome #facebook,
- Google’s Profit by Design [Infographic] http://t.co/LC3nCATJQ7 cc: @DashBurst #google #search #searchengines #infographic,
- Facebook Admits: Expect Organic Reach for Pages to Continue Declining http://t.co/2Ky8NxykwU << you will see what they want #facebook,
- YouTube Users Fight Back Against New Comment System http://t.co/ktCWpZFflC cc @SocialTimes @KymleeIsAwesome #youtube #google,
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.