Last January, Amazon announced AutoRip, a program which allows you to get free MP3s for any CDs you’ve purchased since the mid-90s. Now, they’re extending that offer with AutoRip for vinyl record purchases, according to reports. As of last week, you can now get free MP3 versions of music purchased on vinyl, which is a great deal for music lovers who want the sound of vinyl, but still like the convenience of having a digital copy of their music.
eBay introduced a new interface that lets you order products with same-day delivery. Called eBay Now, this new interface (which comes in the form of an iOS app), is currently in its exclusive beta, open only for San Francisco residents. San Francisco residents can pay a delivery fee of $5 on products from local stores to get a product delivered the same day. The deliveries are then sent within one hour.
(If you’re confused already, skip to our 6-part series of Bytes on: “What is Cloud Computing?”)
Traditionally a service provider, Amazon has become increasingly big and profitable, because it was able to get into online product sales early. Amazon has been able to boil the business down to make sure that they offer extremely competitive pricing, shipping options and a huge range of products.
A recent CNN Tech article titled “Cyber Monday was biggest online shopping day ever in U.S.” reported that, well; Cyber Monday 2011 was a huge success.
To me, this was not a surprise.
Mother’s Day is fast approaching (Sunday, May 8th)! What is the best gadget for mom? Well, if you’re thinking of gifting mom a gadget, now’s the time to place your order online! Wondering what to get? I’ve got you covered! Here’s a list of my 5 picks for the hottest gadgets for mom this Mother’s Day.
- Apple iPad 2: it’s simple to use and requires no prior knowledge of computers –great for less tech savvy moms. If mom likes to read, she can download her favorite books and use it as an eReader. You can get the iPad engraved with a special, personalized Mother’s Day message from Apple’s website. (starting at $499) - I OWN ONE AND LOVE IT!
- Amazon Kindle: If you think mom would enjoy an eReader but you’re not spending $500 on a Mother’s Day gift, you can opt for a Kindle from Amazon. It has a paper-like Pearl electronic-ink display (great even under bright sunlight), a one month battery life, and its ultra-light weight, at only 8.5 ounces. (starting at $114)
Kindle fans rejoice. Kindle goes on sale! A new “Kindle with Special Offers” edition is being released by Amazon.
This new Kindle includes all the same features as previous Kindle’s—the same paper-like Pearl electronic-ink display (great even under bright sunlight), same one month battery life, same ultra-light 8.5 ounce weight, but it’s cheaper.
Follow us: @shebytesblog
- Facebook Admits: Expect Organic Reach for Pages to Continue Declining http://t.co/2Ky8NxykwU << you will see what they want #facebook,
- YouTube Users Fight Back Against New Comment System http://t.co/ktCWpZFflC cc @SocialTimes @KymleeIsAwesome #youtube #google,
- Ryan Seacrest wants a keyboard on his iPhone, so he's spending $1M to build one http://t.co/yC7Pn4KrGW cc: @iMore #iphone #ryanseacrest,
- Top 5 Social Media Fails of 2013 http://t.co/4qoem1juOs cc: @ab80 @sejournal #socialmedia #infographic #SM #some #lessons #2013fails,
- RT @CallyRussell: @SheSquadSocial Thanks guys. A good day in Mallzee towers!,
Thanks for the feedback, David! Yes, I think a lot (more...)
Great article as I was just wondering why so much (more...)
Thanks Allison & SheBytes for sharing the love (more...)
LOL. Great post! (more...)
Unfortunately, it's stick it, lose it, don't track (more...)
For Men and Women, from a Woman's Perspective. Renee Schmidt, Editor. Join me on Google+
IT Blog | Tech Blog | Technology Blog | Download eBook
Website Design by our Friends at:
SheBytes © 2012 - All Rights Reserved.