There’s a phobia of phobias… in fact, there is a phobia list… no kidding! I’m of the school of thought that fears are but a big joke; an illusion, if you will. In fact, I think fears are nothing more than an indication of exactly what you must overcome to have a more fulfilled life.
I quite enjoy this quote from Robin Sharma, because I think it sums up my sentiment nicely:
“Run towards your fears. Embrace them. On the other side of your greatest fears lives your greatest life.”
- Robin Sharma, Globally-respected Author and Leadership Expert
All that being said, there exists a fear of just about everything. No kidding. As illogical as some of them may sound, there’s even a website dedicated to listing every fear under the sun (even those above the sun). The site is called PhobiaList.com. Here are but of the few super wild phobias that have been named and documented by science.
- Domatophobia- Fear of houses or being in a house (Eicophobia, Oikophobia)
- Octophobia – Fear of the figure 8
- Plutophobia- Fear of wealth
- Xerophobia- Fear of dryness
- Pentheraphobia- Fear of mother-in-law (Novercaphobia)
And here is my personal favorite:
- Panophobia or Pantophobia- Fear of everything
So if your greatest fear is public speaking, be grateful! Some people fear everything.
Visit http://phobialist.com/ for the full list.