Foursquare, a geo-location social networking tool that pioneered the “check-in” sphere, hit a user base of 10 million this week. People use Foursquare to check in and let people know where they are at the moment. To commemorate a modest growth from zero users to 10 million in a little over 2 years, the NY-based company published this really wild infographic.
Here are some fun stats:
- 4.7 million people checked in on “Main Street” across the U.S.
- The most popular chain stores “checked-in” to: Old Navy; Bank of America; 7-Eleven; Home Depot; Target
- People who check-in are happy (based on a sentiment analysis of words indicating happiness)
- 1,061 birth announcements
- 1,750 congratulations received in comments
- 1 real world mayor enthroned on Foursquare: @MikeBloonberg of NYC