Mother’s Day is fast approaching (Sunday, May 8th)! What is the best gadget for mom? Well, if you’re thinking of gifting mom a gadget, now’s the time to place your order online! Wondering what to get? I’ve got you covered! Here’s a list of my 5 picks for the hottest gadgets for mom this Mother’s Day.
- Apple iPad 2: it’s simple to use and requires no prior knowledge of computers –great for less tech savvy moms. If mom likes to read, she can download her favorite books and use it as an eReader. You can get the iPad engraved with a special, personalized Mother’s Day message from Apple’s website. (starting at $499) - I OWN ONE AND LOVE IT!
- Amazon Kindle: If you think mom would enjoy an eReader but you’re not spending $500 on a Mother’s Day gift, you can opt for a Kindle from Amazon. It has a paper-like Pearl electronic-ink display (great even under bright sunlight), a one month battery life, and its ultra-light weight, at only 8.5 ounces. (starting at $114)
- Phillips Wake-up Light with Dock for iPod/iPhone: This wake up light from Phillips is designed to gradually wake mom using light and sound. The light slowly increases for 30 minutes before wake up time to gently prepare mom’s body to wake up and feel more energetic at the start of her day. Sound gradually increases with the light. Mom can set it to FM radio, nature sounds, or music from her iPhone or iPod. Makes wake up a pleasant experience! The gadget also doubles as speakers and a recharging station for your iPhone/iPod; also available without iPod/iPhone docking. (with dock: on SALE for $129.50 [35% off] on Amazon – orig. $199.99; no dock: on SALE for $92.60 [46% off] on Amazon – orig. $169.99) - I OWN ONE AND LOVE IT! Can’t wake without it!
- Digital Picture Frame: Buy mom a digital picture frame but make sure to go the extra mile by filling it up with her favorite photos! Or you can opt for a frame like this 8″ Scanning Digital Photo Frame from Mustek and let her scan in up to 3000 of her own favorite photos, no PC required (JR – $142.99).
- Asus Skype Videophone Touch: If you live far from home, get mom this touch screen videophone from Asus that lets her make FREE Skype-to-Skype video and voice calls. All your mom will need is an internet connection; no PC required. She’ll be able to see your sweet face as she Skypes you from miles away (Skype Shop – $279.99).
If mom has a good sense of humor, you can also try one of these:
- Wireless Key Finder - like a homing device for missing keys (Brookstone - $49.95)
- Lighted Eyeglasses - the easy, stylish way to read in low light (Brookstone - $29.95)
But if none of these SUPER ideas work out, I guess there are always good ol’ fashioned flowers.